Golden Pepper Drumsticks w/ Charred Cos Blue Cheese Salad
Golden Pepper Drumsticks w/ Charred Cos Blue Cheese SaladPrint recipe
Golden Pepper Drumsticks
- 1kg Lilydale Free Range chicken drumsticks
- 2 tsp black peppercorns
- 2 tsp szechuan peppercorns
- 2 tsp ground turmeric
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbs Squeaky Gate All Rounder extra virgin olive oil
Charred Cos Blue Cheese Salad
- 2 heads Cos lettuce, sliced in half lengthways, keeping the core intact
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp buttermilk
- 2 tbsp cup Squeaky Gate White Balsamic
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup blue cheese, finely crumbled (replace with parmesan if you prefer)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 4 stems spring onions, finely chopped
- Pinch red chilli flakes
- 1/4 cup finely chopped roasted, salted peanuts
Step 1. Preheat the FORCE BBQ to medium-high.
Step 2. Grind the peppercorns in a mortar and pestle or electric spice grinder. Tip into a bowl with the turmeric, coriander, cumin, salt and olive oil and mix to combine. Coat the chicken drumsticks in this mixture, massaging into the skin.
Step 3. Place the drumsticks onto the preheated BBQ and cook for 20-30 minutes, pending on the size of the drumsticks, turning regularly, until golden brown and the drumsticks are cooked through.
Step 4. While the chicken is cooking, make the blue cheese dressing for Charred Cos Salad.
Step 5. Add the sour cream, mayonnaise, buttermilk, Squeaky Gate white balsamic, blue cheese, salt and pepper into a bowl and mix to combine. Place in the fridge to keep cool until ready to serve.
Step 6. Remove the chicken drumsticks from the BBQ and set aside for serving. Drizzle some olive oil over the Cos halves, then place directly onto the BBQ grill plate, cut side down. Grill for 2-3 minutes until lightly wilted and charred on the cut side. Place onto a serving dish. Spoon over the Blue Cheese sauce and sprinkle over the spring onions, chilli flakes and peanuts.
Step 7. Serve the Golden Pepper Drumsticks with the Charred Cos Blue Cheese Salad, using any leftover Blue Cheese Dressing as a sauce for the drumsticks also.