Paprika Chicken Shish Kebabs
Paprika Chicken Shish KebabsPrint recipe
- 600g Lilydale Free Range chicken thigh fillets, left whole
- 12 mild pickled chillies
- Pinch of sumac
- Metal skewers, or wooden skewers soaked in water
- 1 brown onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3/4 cup natural yoghurt
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric
- 2 tbs tomato paste
- 1 tbs sweet paprika
- 1/2 tsp grounds cumin
- Pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tbs Squeaky Gate The All Rounder extra virgin olive oil
- Western Star Original Salted Butter, melted
- Natural yoghurt, sprinkled with sumac
- Rocket leaves
Step 1. Finely grate the onion and garlic into a bowl. Season with a pinch of salt, toss all together, then squeeze out the juice and discard the pulp (or save and freeze to use in your next bolognese or homemade stock recipe). Add in the remaining ingredients for the marinade and mix well to combine. Add in the chicken and coat well. Optional: Cover and leave in the fridge to marinate for up to 1 hour if you like*.
Step 2. Ignite charcoal in the CUBE. Thread three metal skewers into two chicken thighs, with a few pickled chillies. Repeat this process for the remaining thighs. Place skewers on the BBQ and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side until charred and cooked through. Remove from the heat, then sprinkle the skewers with a little sumac and slice each chicken between the skewers.
Step 3. Place the pitta onto the CUBE and heat on both sides for 1 minute until very lightly browned and warmed through. Remove from heat and brush on some melted Western Star butter. Serve the buttered pitta with yoghurt sprinkled with some sumac, the chicken and rocket.
* Using yoghurt as a marinade with chicken is great, however you cannot leave too long, max time would be 1hr, if you leave longer than this, the enzymes in the yoghurt will start to break down the chicken (not a good result!)